Monday, October 31, 2005

Oprah on Rosa Parks

I caught part of the coverage of the memorial service today. I wasn't in front of the computer at the time so I don't have an exact quote. That said, Oprah said something that intrigued me. The beginning was just what you would expect from one of the richest women in the world. Without Rosa Parks it would not have been possible for me to achieve many of the things I have. I am in awe, etc. But then she said:

"I feel obligated to honor your sacrifice with success."


Again, the quote may not be exact but the sentiment is correct. She is not only grateful for the opportunities she had as a result of the work of Rosa Parks and her peers, she feels obliged to be as successful as possible to show it. It is an interesting insight into the thought processes of a self made woman who has achieved so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home