Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Col. David Hackworth

I often read Col. Hackworth's op-ed pieces. Sometimes I agreed with his point of view and other times I didn't. I always learned something either way. Whatever one thinks of his efforts to reform the military in the last few years you have to admit the following.

1. He was an uber-soldier, respected for his career and accomplishments on the battle field by every military guy I ever heard discuss him. He was a man's man and a soldier's soldier.

2. He was a good and prolific author.

3. All of his reform efforts came from a heart of gold, trying to improve the conditions of our soldiers and their effectiveness.

Catherine O'Neill writes a wonderful eulogy proving that he also appealed to female soldiers as well. It is worth a read.

Col. Hackworth, God speed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home