Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The press interviews real people in fly-over

RantingProfs posted this article on NBC going to the Midwest to interview folks there about the war. I cracked up when I read this:
On the one hand, it is nice to see that sort of fly over country, small town, Red state America given a voice, since the media will never settle for polls alone to represent the American voter. But there is really a touch of self-congragulation to this piece, of patting themselves on the back for their intrepid reporting as they go off to cover what almost amounts to a foreign country.

Look! We found people who still support the war!

"what almost amounts to a foreign country" is a great description. I grew up in Indiana and now live in Colorado. I lived in the San Jose, CA area for 11 years and I definitely felt like I was in a foreign country. I feel the same when I visit NY or Boston....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home