Friday, February 17, 2006

Humor for the Day

Of all the places that one might assume you might find humor, my totally sick sense of it leads me to protests over the scandalous cartoons. The following is a picture from a rally in NY in front of the Danish embassy (HT: LGF):



I admit, I sometimes have a twisted sense of humor. My first thought when I read "Responsible editors must be punished" was "Are there any?" This sign was clearly made by an ESL student.

From dictionary.com I give you the different definitions of "responsible". I assume they mean #3, my first thought was #5/6.
  1. Liable to be required to give account, as of one's actions or of the discharge of a duty or trust.
  2. Involving personal accountability or ability to act without guidance or superior authority: a responsible position within the firm.
  3. Being a source or cause.
  4. Able to make moral or rational decisions on one's own and therefore answerable for one's behavior.
  5. Able to be trusted or depended upon; reliable.
  6. Based on or characterized by good judgment or sound thinking: responsible journalism.
  7. Having the means to pay debts or fulfill obligations.
  8. Required to render account; answerable: The cabinet is responsible to the parliament.
Have a good weekend, blogging is likely to be light on my end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home