Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th to the Troops

Happy 4th to all Americans and to the free world. I offer the following as my outlook on this great holiday of our country as I see it on this day. In times of relative peace our celebration of Independence Day is a celebration of the freedoms and liberties this "greatest country on G-d's green earth" affords us. In times of war, with young men and women dying every day to preserve those freedoms for us and for others around the world it should be something different IMHO.

Today I will thank the Lord above for the bravery and sacrifice of all the men and women who came before me and sacrificed their good names, their fortunes and their very lives to give me the freedoms and opportunities I have. This starts, but does not end, with the Founding Fathers of this great nation and their English forbearers who stepped outside of comfort to risk their lives for the concept of "government by the people and for the people". These concepts have been defended by brave warriors for over two centuries and on this day I promise to honor all of those warriors, past and present, who have given me the opportunity to participate in my own governance and to freely express myself on this blog and to participate in a free and open and powerful economy.

Happy Birthday America,
G-d Bless America,
May G-d Save the Queen,
Thank G-d that All Men are Created Equal and in His image,

Personal thanks to all of our Vets and currently serving Armed Forces. May this Birthday find you all well and in good spirits and may our prayers find your families the same.

Let's BBQ :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home