Thursday, February 02, 2006

creative scam

We have all gotten at least one of the "help me get this big pile of money and I'll split it with you" scam messages. Having many email accounts, I have gotten a bunch of them. I got the one below this morning. I thought it was one of the more creative naratives so I offer it for your enjoyment.

From: Prince Ortega Torrellas Gomez.


Attn: Friend,
I know this mail might come to you as surprise and the temptation to ignore it as unserious could come into your mind; but please consider it a divine wish and accept it with a deep sense of humility.
My name is Prince Ortega Torrellas Gomez,
I am a 54 years old man; I am currently residing in Mexico. I was formerly living in Cuba and served under Fidel Castro’s government, but had to run into self exile after the ruling Government, closed in on my family on accusations of anti-government, I was once married, but my wife and children escape to America before they met their untimely death, as Almighty God loves them most, they are among those victim that lost their lives in world trade centre ‘Sept. 11th', may their gentle souls rest in bosom of our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.
l did made a lot of money, while serving Castro and before now, I have been into dealing s in Ornamentals, Oriental Carpets and Artifacts and life was very smooth for me until about three(3) years ago when I was first diagnosed of Cancer of the Larynx.
Before this happened my business and concern for making money was all I lived for, I never really cared about other values in life. But since the loss of my family and home town, I started engaging my self in things of the Lord and also being a born again Christian, that made me to found a new desire to assist helpless families.
I have been helping orphans in orphanage/motherless homes,Churches,Mosque,widows and also helping the destitudes.I have once donated some money to orphans in war ravaged Eritrea, Somalia, Sudan and some East European Countries.
Before I became ill some years ago, I made huge amount of money during my tenure in office, but I sent it abroad for safe keeping and for my future investment, the sum of 6.5Million Usd (SIX POINT FIVE MILLION UNITED STATE DOLLAR) out of 15.5million Usd that was kept as a long-term deposit vault, still in their custody waiting for claims, through, it was deposited in {DIGUISE}with the name of my first born,{prince Morgan Gomez}, as the original owner, without stated any next of kin, now that Morgan is late and if I also die without moving out the consignment, it will automatically go into the coffers of the security company and I don’t want such to happen.
I have left the hospital and presently receiving treatment in an acupuncture clinic, undergoing treatment for Esophageal Cancer. I have since lost my ability to talk and my doctors have told me that I have only a few months to live, but he is not my maker to said so, this might be my last wish to see the remains of this money distributed to charity organizations.
Most Importantly, I want you and the entire members of the organizations, to always pray for forgiveness of sin, to survive from this predicament, as I do not lived a life of a worthy Christian when in power, but I believe that the Almighty GOD will hear your prayers and have mercy upon me.
Brethren, is not that I don’t have relatives and friends, I have but they plundered so much of my wealth since my illness; I cannot live with the agony of entrusting this huge responsibility to any of them.
Please, any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing for another person for this same purpose and you will assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein.
Finally, I beg you in the name of God to help me collect the deposit and distribute it as directed, use your judgment to distribute the money and feel free to reimburse yourself when you have the money for any cost you incur during the process of collecting and distributing the money to charity organizations. I am willing to offer you a reward if you are willing to help.
Looking forward to hearing from you soonest.I will appreciates if only you send reply to this email: REDACTED_FOR@THE_STUPID.COM for easily assesment.

Prince Ortega Torrellas Gomez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home