Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The water-soluble Constitution

Go read Vox Day's reaction to the calls that the President should have "taken over" New Orleans after the hurricane. I disagree with Vox as often as I disagree but he is much better read than I am on ancient society and philosophy and makes his points with a lot of flare that I enjoy. It is especially enjoy it when, as in this case, I agree with his fundamental point.

Recently, we have also learned that it is a water-soluble document, which dissolves any time a federal or state official declares a national emergency or even a hypothetical threat to your life. These officials are, of course, interested in nothing but helping you. The mere notion of the concept that such Constitution-overriding declarations might happen to increase their own power has never even begun thinking about entering their petty, bureaucratic little minds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home